Registration & Membership
It is a legal requirement for one to practice Surveying in Uganda and one can only practice surveying with a valid practicing certificate.
REQUIREMENTS FOR REGISTRATION
1. First Degree or Diploma – recognized by the Board.
2. You must have 2 years post qualification Local experience under a Registered Surveyor in Uganda.
3. Reference from 2 referees: –
a. Both of whom must be registered surveyors in the same discipline and having been on the register for at least 3 years.
b. One of the referees must be your supervisor and you must appear on their list of assistants for atleast two years.
4. a) Assessment fees of UGX 400,000/=
b) Re-sitting of interview assessment fees of UGX 200,000/=
PROCEDURES FOR REGISTRATION
- Download Registration forms from the website / Pick registration forms from the Board offices.
- Fill and return to the Board. The Board shall forward the forms to the Institution of Surveyors of Uganda.
- The Institution of Surveyors of Uganda will process and forward them back to the Board with your Critical Analysis report that was assessed at your Professional Associate interview.
- For Land Surveyors, a reference for atleast 5 of your Cadastral jobs is sought from the Commissioner Surveys & Mapping, Ministry of Lands, Housing and Urban Development
- Membership & Registration Committee of the Board sits and assesses you, considers and makes recommendation to the Board.
- The Board sits and considers the application.
- Applicant is informed of the Board’s decision within 7-14 working days after the interview.
Requirements for renewal of a practicing certificate
- Download application forms (SRB FORM 3) from the website or pick registration forms from the Board offices.
- Make payments and provide proof of payments. (The account details are on the board’s website).
- Fill and return the form to the offices or e-mail a signed copy to the Board’s official e-mail addresses.
- The board shall then process the Practicing Certificate & notify you once it is ready for pick up.
Requirements for foreigners (TEMPORARY registration)
- Recommendation from your country’s board (Certificate of good conduct) signed and stamped.
- Copy of Current year’s certified practicing certificate from your country’s board.
- Copy of certified Registration certificate from your country’s board.
- Copies of certified academic qualification documents.
- Copy of valid passport or National ID.
- Color passport size photo.
- Filled out Registration Application Form (In duplicate) with all the required signatures and stamps as indicated on the form.
- Payment for the Application for Temporary registration amounting to UGX 1,000,000, Registration Fee(upon approval of the application by the Board) the equivalent of USD 500 only.
- Upon getting registered and obtaining a registration certificate, the surveyor shall be required to apply for a Temporary Practicing Certificate at a fee of UGX 600,000 only and Annual subscription fee for that year.
- Copy of proof of payment of corporate membership at the Institution of Surveyors of Uganda.
- Work permit.
- Joint-Venture/Collaboration agreement with the name of the local registered surveyor with whom you are associated.
- Copy of the project(s) or work in Uganda detailing the nature of work and its duration.
- Copy of current C.V.